Friday, April 18, 2008

propaganda for attachment parenting














I saw an interview with what I would term a "fundamentalist" attachment parenting devotee. In the interview she went through the baby store and gave all the baby items names like 'mommy substitute' - pacifier, 'lazy mommy' - swing...and the one referred to in this photo...'the baby prison.' She was of the opinion that a baby should be with you all the time, in your bed sleeping with you or on you hip in a sling. I am not saying that this point of view is wrong. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but in our family we quite enjoy the 'baby prison!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I think people can be a bit too too extreme... you go with your "baby prison"

I say you do what it takes to keep your sanity

Melissa said...

She clearly only has one child. I mean get REAL!!!!!! If they're happy then that's all that matters.

Anne-Marie said...

I didn't know that had a name...not meaning to be too serious, but that is just the devil's way of getting us to have less kids!