Sunday, April 13, 2008

the definition of hysterical...

I feel like laughing and crying...argh! The past two nights Kenneth and I have been double booked. Kenneth was asked to dj the stake dance and I had volunteered(it is way past my turn) to be the young women's leader on duty. Unfortunately when I volunteered I didn't realize that my mother/babysitter would be nigh unto death...so Gavin and the twins got to go to their first stake dance. Whoopee! So much fun for the first five minutes then the fact that the dance STARTS at their bedtime begins to sink in. Then tonight I was asked to sing in a quartet for the quad ward missionary fireside...and guess what...Kenneth is the electronics set up guy for our building(and the young mens president, and the lawn mower repair guy, etc. etc...the pain of being married to someone so talented! =)...so Gavin and the twins got to go to the missionary fireside. The movie "Finding Faith in Christ" was on the program right before our musical number so I took the wiggly loud twins into the foyer and let them crawl around while I 'listened' to the movie. Having seen this movie roughly one gazillion times on my mission, I recognized when we were in the last 30 seconds of the movie and I started the gathering process so that I could run in and sing. At this point I notice that Atticus, for the first time in 6 months, has completely blown out of his diaper. Panic. The lights go on in the chapel and I see another woman in the quartet start heading for the stand. I am frantically scanning the crowd for Kenneth, whom I have seen only briefly the whole fireside. Just in the nick of time my next door neighbor sees my stricken face, runs to the door, and takes Atticus out of my hands. I sprint into the chapel, run smack into Kenneth, send him out to change that diaper, and dash to the stand! It was a great frame of mind to sing in, let me tell you! After the musical number I marched off the stand, grabbed Gavin, got the twins from the hall and went HOME! Enough is enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow y'all do sound busy! but these are the kind of stories that get laughed at and enjoyed later. "remember that time atticus had and explosion right before mom had to sing at church! hahahahahaha"

Laurie Huish said...

Love you Meg, you have had a tough week huh? Well I am impressed with Atticus's timing! I love you Meg, sorry that it has been rough!

Melissa said...

Meg, y'all need to write a book. Not that you're not already busy enough, but seriously! You guys are AMAZING!!!