Thursday, March 27, 2008

updates, highlights...whatever you want to call it

I have gotten a little behind. I am not going to stress to much about it, but for the sake of journaling I will try to at least hit some highlights.

-Easter was wonderful. I actually got to listen to a little of the talks during Sacrament Meeting and was really uplifted. We spent most of the day with Kenneth's family eating crawfish, steak, and brisket....well most of us ate that, Gavin ate grass, dirt, and as much candy as he could get his grubby little hands on. It was very pleasant(except for eating too much) and a great way to spend the day. I will post some pictures sometime, but as our camera's battery died that is dependent on when we get them from my father-in-laws camera.

-Kenneth....put in his two weeks notice at work! Hooray and Yikes! He is going to be doing the same thing he has been doing(flash animation, court presentations, etc), but freelance. He is also gearing up the lawn mowing business. He is so close to finishing "the Machine" which is another of his projects that I am pretty sure involves a computer controlled cutting thingey...think decorative flowers on a bookcase, or wooden puzzles. I am looking forward to that being done as he has been talking about it/building it most of our marriage, and I have a list of things that I want him to build for me when it is finished(sewing table, kitchen table, more shelves, etc, etc.). He has already mentioned a few other projects to me that he is interested in starting...I told him he has to finish the ones he is already working on before he starts anything else! I love that man! I remember when we were dating someone telling me that he was a dreamer, and would go places with those dreams...and it is the truth! He is always looking for ways to make things better and then actually doing it.

-Gavin...has gone deaf. At least he acts like it whenever I am trying to get his attention for any reason. He has also started yelling at people lately when he gets angry....hmmmm, I think that might be my fault in response to the aforementioned deafness. So I am listening to a book called "Scream Free Parenting," and.... he is still ignoring me. Maybe I will get him some signing videos for his birthday...Oh and potty training.....yeah, not so much!

-Jane...is completely mobile. She is crawling and pulling up on things and talking in a loud voice that is sometimes startling coming from someone who looks as dainty as she does. She is very intense and interested in the world around her. It makes her a pain to hold onto because she dives for anything that passes in her line of sight. She reminds me so much of Gavin at this age

-Atticus...is even more mobile than Jane. He isn't crawling yet, but he has figured out that he can move just as well by scooting, and he has decided that he is going places! He is definetly a different model than the other two. He is a funny mixture of cuddly little snuggle bug, wanting to be held all the time and wiggly dynamo(when I was pregnant you never could be sure where he would show up on the ultrasound he moved so much...Jane was firmly planted feet first on my bladder). I think when he starts walking and running he is going to give me a real run for my money!

-Me...I am trying to keep up. I feel like every morning I sit down on top of an ant mound and then spend the rest of the day with kids crawling all over me. I am trying to figure out how to fit 4 kids in such a small(1 bedroom) apartment, as it doesn't look like we are moving anytime soon! My current excitement - a lady at church is giving me a sewing machine...I am soooo excited. I spent most of last summer sewing/learning to sew. I have a ton of fabric, but with 3 kids it is such a pain to haul them to my moms, get everything set up, keep the kids entertained, sew anything, and get everything cleaned up when my kids lose patience. Now I will at least be able to have a small space set aside for it at home, and I will be able to use it when the kids are in bed!


















who is that sexy pregnant woman? Ha ha, not me, but people say we look alike and I always thank them profusely!














cute cousins!














Jane's new talent....















and its consequences....














Hmmmph!














Here comes Michael to save the day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are awesome the face plant jane had going on yesterday was quite comical i hope everything is going as planned with the freelanced-ness oh and i think we should have a jennys new mac night lol sometime after the projector night love you guys your Amazing GO MEG!!!

Anne-Marie said...

I love the wagon series too! Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

great highlights! and for journaling sake this post is priceless! i enjoyed reading it!

where do y'all live that you are able to be so close to cousins?

Meg Barry said...

In my parents back yard =). Laurie lives on the other side, and David and Jenny live right beside my parents! Hopefully when Joel and Crystal get done with residency they will come down here too!

Joel and Crystal said...

Oh Meg! I loved this post!!! So great to see pics of your cuties and get the update on everyone! I would love to live close to ya'll! Robert needs some cousin time!!!! We looked at plane tickets last night. Hopefully we will get them bought in the next few days!!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! You're pictures cracked me up!

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

Meg, these pictures are so good, I didn't know you had this talent until I found your blog! So cute!:)