Friday, March 21, 2008

pregnancy, potty training, etc.

Well, I have officially entered the second trimester! I think gestation-wise I was probably there a few weeks ago, but I am celebrating now, because this is the week that my energy has been gradually coming back and my nausea is just a background complaint(compared to what it has been!). Wonder of wonders, my house is slowly gaining order, and the laundry is(for all intents and purposes) done! Another sign I feel better...I have even been slowly doing the dishes, which per an agreement earlier in our marriage is Kenneth's job for eternity. I have been doing them five at a time, in between being swarmed by children...I only have half a sinkful left for tomorrow(I am pretty sure if I finished the whole sink today I would have been translated...and then what would my children have done for dinner?)!

Last night Kenneth and I went on a date to the mall. There was a little carnival set up in the parking lot, so we celebrated my lack of nausea by eating a lot of cotton candy and riding a couple of rides...of course Kenneth made one of the rides spin so wildly that I was pretty nauseated anyway for a while. Then we walked around the mall and ended up spending most of our time browsing through books at Books-A-Million. Just for your information...I love, love, love books, and book store browsing is one of my favorite dates. My absolute favorite stores are used book stores, followed closely by resale shops. I could spend all of my money in those places!















Gavin's life is about to change. I spotted some "Cars" underwear tonight at Wal-Mart, and decided to buckle down and make our first assault on potty training. Also, he is big enough for size 6 diapers, and that equals $20 for 54 diapers....absolutely ridiculous. AND, it gave me an excuse to go a little nuts in the toy section, buying potty bribes. So here we go, I may not be sane in a few weeks but maybe he'll surprise me!

tier 1 bribes










tier 2 bribes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my toilet seat is allways avalibale for your or more like gavins use!!

Anonymous said...

smart to potty train before the new baby comes! good luck! and cute bribes!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK SUPERWOMAN!!

Laurie Huish said...

Did he pee on my floor this morning? I heard you talking to him and telling him he peed on lightning McQeen! I started laughing and told Michael. You know more and more I realize why do I need a pet? I have Michael, and Gavin comes over and Licks my feet and pees on my floor? He even gets treats!I am set! I think this is fun watching ya'll. By the way Michael found some of Gavins "potty treats" at Grandpas. They might be at our house now :)

Melissa said...

Meg, you're awesome! I get such a kick out of reading your blog. I hope the potty training goes well. Gavin's a smart kid. I think he'll catch on quick.