Monday, March 17, 2008

an argument in favor of marriage

Today I was grateful again for being married to and not just dating Kenneth, because I think this morning would have been a deal breaker. He pulled me in for a big bear hug as he was walking outside...and squeezed a sneeze right out of me. This was not a polite little 'a-choo' either...this was a clear your sinuses of all that has been building up for the past 2 years kind of blowout. Needless to say the next time I saw him, he had a nice snot mark on his shirt sleeve that he thought was hilarious. Can you imagine doing that on a first date...holy frijoles! Kenneth almost ran away cause I gave him a hug on our first date(yes, I know, I have a shameless hussy streak that runs deep). Anyway, I am glad that it happened after 3 1/2 years of marriage, which includes countless gallons of poop, puke, pee, and snot, and we were pretty much desensitized to that kind of thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

husbands are great...it is so funny what you can get away with when you're married haha

Anonymous said...

"HUSSY" I LOVE IT! SUCH A GOOD OL' SOUTHERN WORD :)

Melissa said...

You are so fun! I love the way you look at life, and describe it to the rest of us! Thanks for the laugh!