Wednesday, April 15, 2009

second hand stories...

I am not home right now...I am in California with Kenneth, woo hoo! My mom is making her case for sainthood right now by watching my 3 oldest kids for a week.

Mom: "I just thought you should know..."
Me: "What happened? Who's sick? What happened!"
Mom: "Atticus has learned how to get out of a five point harness."
Me: "Oh that? He learned how to do that months ago..."
Mom: "Oh okay."
Me: "Wait...he got out of his high chair, right?"
Mom: "No, he got out of the car seat harness..."

Wow! He is mastering all the important skills...and no more than one brain cell devoted to impulse control of those many wonderful skills.

My mom said that while she was watching Jane walked up and walloped Atticus on the head. She immediately went into time out. At the end of time out she was instructed to go and tell Atticus she was sorry. She marched right over to him, and whacked him again. Back into time out she went. Then the repeated instruction to say she was sorry...where she promptly smacked him hard. At this point it was taken as a cry for help and both kids were sent to bed for nap time, where my mom heard nary a peep for many hours.

3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

wow! escaping from carseats... hope I don't cross that bridge anytime soon!

and your mom is so sweet!

and CA!? what part? what for etc. I cannot wait to hear details :)

The Katy Daileys said...

I had the thought last post, "Why didn't she go with him! She has so much family around!" Hurray that you got to go in the end! You deserve every minute of a wonderful vacation! Now when are you going to tell us details? Are you house hunting? Is the job interview going well? Love ya!

Holli said...

Have fun in Cali. I think our family is hanging out with your kiddos tonight! We can't wait. I have a feeling between my kid and yours, we can do some damage at Chuck E. Cheese.