Friday, April 24, 2009

open mouth insert foot

We were hanging out with our friends Jared and Melanie the other night. They are about to move too, for dental school, and also they are expecting a baby within days of the start of school. We were discussing when they should actually move(before the baby, after the baby...) when Melanie made this statement...

Mel: "So what happens if I stay here in Vidor and you[Jared] don't have time to get back for the baby to be born...What then? Is [father in law] going to stand in the room with me and hold my hand?"
Meg: "WHOA! Wait a minute...[father in law]? WEIRD! I would have my mom or mother-in-law in the room with me...but it would be too weird to have my father-in-law in there..."

*crickets*

She just stared at me with an amused smile on her face. And why was she smiling like that you ask...




























Because my father-in-law has delivered ALL of my babies!

9 comments:

Kristina said...

that's hilarious!

Melanie said...

That really is was very funny Meg!! I've still been chuckling about it:)

Holli said...

That is hilarious! I must confess Meg, I don't know how you did it. I would have giggled hysterically the whole time.

Melissa said...

This is priceless! I loved it.

Hartmans said...

what a great story!

AmyLyn said...

Awesome. I think that is sooo funny!!

Sarah Fruge said...

SO funny!! I'm still laughing!

Thereasa said...

love it!!!!! :)

Damon and Jodie said...

Meg you are too funny! Great story! Glad you blogged it so that you never forget it.