Wednesday, April 22, 2009

odds and ends

-for the first time ever, while sleeping in a hotel I missed my own bed! We got a new bed for Christmas courtesy of Kenneth's brother who had actually purchased it and then discovered that it hurt his back...it does not hurt mine.

-I got utilities, garbage, and internet services for our house in California today...it was so surreal.

-Atticus now sleeps in the hallway by the bathroom in Anne's crib. He can't climb out of it yet, and I am pretty sure that if Jane had to sleep in the same room with him one more week she would have some serious ptsd...seriously. Every night, at least two times a night, I would hear her screaming, flip on the lights and find Atticus grinning up at me with Jane in a headlock. Now as he goes to sleep with a wall between them I can still hear him yelling her name. Sheesh.

-Anne has adapted to her new bed very well...she figured out what the hole Atticus had created was for...even when it was against the wall. I have had to rescue her twice from being trapped between the wall and the crib...add new portable crib to the list of things we need to get before the move(2 actually since the one he destroyed is my mom's).

-I have been trying to enforce the "if you don't eat what I cook then you can wait till the next meal to eat anything." So far it has involved Atticus yelling at me from lunch time on(he didn't like the quesadillas) and climbing into his high chair approximately an hour before supper. He would climb down every once in a while to come a check on my progress in the kitchen and growl/holler at me. At dinner Jane and Gavin ate half of their taco soup. When they vacated their spots Atticus grabbed both of the abandoned bowls and dumped them into his own bowl, and shoveled it in using both hands.

-when we were all brushing teeth afterward, Atticus got tired of waiting to rinse his toothbrush...and solved the problem by rinsing it in the toilet. That boy is a problem solver for sure.

-Anne feels way to old. Maybe because she is huge and trying to keep up with her sibs...also she is starting to fit into Jane's clothes.

5 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love odds and ends posts :)
I am so excited for y'all and your new adventure to CA!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I love your blog! I always read it with a smile on my face!

Anne-Marie said...

Sounds like your dinner policy worked awesome! I don't think I have ever implemented it that successfully!

Anonymous said...

Atticus has a funny thing for gross things it seems... :)

AmyLyn said...

Great post Meg! Hilarious. I BET it felt surreal to get utilities in Cali! Crazy.