Wednesday, June 18, 2008

work, work, work...

A couple of months ago Kenneth decided that it was time to leave his steady job of almost 3 years. I fully supported him in this decision...One, because I knew where he was working was really starting to frustrate him and had zero potential for growth; and Two, because I trust Kenneth. He is the hardest worker I know and is always looking for ways to support our family. The last few months have been interesting to say the least. I have not been able to pay all of our bills as quickly as I would like, but every month Kenneth pulled us through and everything got paid. This month has been the scariest financially by far, but once again Kenneth managed to get everything paid. Then on Sunday, our neighbor told Kenneth about an IT position opening up for the group of Dr.'s he works for. He recommended that Kenneth apply. When Kenneth went in for an interview on Monday he said it seemed that everyone at the office already knew who he was...apparently this neighbor had been telling everyone about Kenneth...nice things. His interview went well and Kenneth told me they called him yesterday and said he got the job. I asked him what his response was and he said he told them he was willing to work for them, but for a slightly larger pay scale. My heart fluttered a little, because as much as I had been trying not to plan how we would spend that much more money...I couldn't help myself and already had a plan laid out for how we could pay off everything faster and start saving for a bigger place to live. Well, they called back this morning and he got the job! I am so excited and so proud of him! Not only that, but the woodcarving business is really starting to pick up too! I am amazed by what he is able to do with his machine(which he never would have finished if he hadn't left his job). The Definition of being grown up...when you find out you are going to have more money and you get excited to pay bills and fix the car!

7 comments:

Hartmans said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is way exciting for you guys. I can say that I have never met people with more faith and more determination and back bone! You guys are amazing...WE need to get together sometime and play again...

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

That's wonderful! Congrats! You are such a supportive wife and Kenneth sounds like such hard worker. I'm so impressed by y'all and your faith in the Lord and in each other.

Melanie said...

Congratulations again meg! I'm sorry it was so busy when you were over today... we need to do a meg/mel play date. Sometimes it gets too big & when its your house your busy taking care of all the little things. I felt like I didn't get to just sit down and enjoy the company. I am so excited for your family though! You need to post more pictures of what Kenneth is doing with his wood working stuff! Love ya:)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for y'all and for this new job! and paying bills etc. does excite me too haha

Joel and Crystal said...

Congratulations! Way to go Kenneth and Meg!!! We love you both!

Melissa said...

Way to go! What big faith y'all have? =) I'm a firm believer that if you pay your tithing all money problems will work themselves out. I'm really happy for your family.

Joel and Crystal said...

Meg, how do you set up a playlist for music?