Tuesday, February 3, 2009

best friend...
















"Gavin!" Rui yells as he sees him walk into the nursery. He runs over and gives Gavin a big hug. Gavin shoves him away.


Gavin: "NO! No Rui, you not my best friend!"

Me: "Gavin! That is not a nice thing to say! And we don't push. Give Rui a hug and say you're sorry."
Gavin: "Mommy, I don't wan't to give Rui a hug!"

Me: "You give Rui a hug and say your sorry!"

Gavin: "I not sorry, I don't want to give Rui a hug!"

Me: (with gritted teeth and laser eyes) "You give Rui a hug and say you are sorry!"

Gavin: (face glum, trudges over to Rui, leans in to hug him and gives him a few half hearted pats)
Me: (prompting) "What do you say?
Gavin:(whispering in Rui's ear) "Rui, you are NOT my best friend!"


Luckily I am pretty sure that Rui did not understand what Gavin was getting at. Luckily Rui's mom thought it was funny. And just in case you were wondering who has the honor of being Gavin's best friend...that would be Elliot...the dragon from "Pete's Dragon."


3 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

Such a cute story! Such cute friends and I love how Gavin is so honest and not afraid to say what he thinks! Love ya and your blog!

Anonymous said...

oh my! talk about funny!
they are such cute boys!

Callie said...

Such cute pictures of those boys. The last time I saw them they were just tiny. Wow, how time flies!!