Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Barry Babysitting Techniques

'How do you do it?' people ask me all the time. Well, on top of being a completely awesome "Molly Mormon" supermom(what? you didn't get up at 4:30am to read your scriptures and run? for shame!), I also ascribe to a very easy 6 step program.

Step 1: Lots of treats. It keeps 'em quiet(especially if it is extra sticky toffee/caramel)




























Step 2: Entertain 'em. If it is an educational cartoon you get extra points.






















Sometimes after the first two steps the "children" are still fidgety/annoying/loud/there. If this is the case then I 'call in the big guns' with steps 3-6.

Step 3: Restrain the children. Blankets, duct tape...whatever works for you.




























Step 4: Contain the children.




























Step5: Rough them up a bit. Even if it doesn't calm them down, you might feel a little better.




























And FINALLY, for the really difficult cases...

When nothing else works...

Step 6: Trade them for a puppy.




























*no actual children where harmed in the writing of this blog.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!

Holli said...

Meg, you are truly hilarious!

Sarah Fruge said...

So funny! You crack me up!

The Katy Daileys said...

Meg, thank you for the laugh today! I thought of you as I was running at 4am...right! I have never done that and never will. Does that mean I will never get a Molly Mormon Mom award? You are awesome and I love how you keep it real!

Joel and Crystal said...

This was so fun to read and look at the pics. Looked like Kenneth had fun with it too. I especially liked all the kids wrapped up in blankets.

Melissa said...

Very cute post! I loved all the great pics. My favorite was all the baby burritos =)

Heather Guymon said...

Can I just say that I LOVE reading your blog!?

RuSty and LaLa said...

Speaking of baby burritos...you forot to mention gagging them...all have a "binki" or as I like to call them the plug.

Do you offer a course in this subject area?

Unknown said...

Very cute... you have some great pictures!

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

This post is so funny!! I had to laugh out loud! It's good to get some tips on survival...some I use myself:) The Barry kids are such cuties:)