Saturday, July 26, 2008

Super Saturday!

Lately with Kenneth's new job on top of all his other projects(mowing business, woodcarving business) and church calling(young men's president) we(the stay at home members of the family) have been sorely missing our Daddy/husband time. This morning started out feeling no different with him out the door by 7, before any of our kids were out of bed. BUT, (un)fortunately the weed eater that Kenneth has been using for his mowing business finally bit the dust(over 12 years old...broken when he received it...held together by gum and shoestrings). After spending a little time in heated family discussion regarding funding for a new one, we came to the conclusion that 1. We needed to buy a new one(I don't know why I ever delude myself into thinking we will be ahead on our bills...*sigh* and letting go) 2. why not make it a family trip. So load up the kiddos in the van(btw need to introduce you to the newest drain on our finances...the van that better not break anytime soon[and the first car in that we have had in our marriage that came with less than 140,000 miles on it] I will post a picture sometime) and head into town to buy a weed eater...whooowhee, that is fun for the whole family! And then, why not, stop at McDonald's for breakfast and let Gavin go nuts in the play place while the twins stuff themselves full of pancakes, eggs, sausage(thanks to daddy!), hash browns, and biscuits! It ended up being a lot of fun, and even better a time to reconnect with my husband! Now we are home the kids are all taking a nap, husband is out breaking in the new weed eater, and I am about to lie down(and ignore once again the dishes that have been building up since Monday...besides those dishes are a bit of a catch 22, they smell so bad I am not sure I could wash them without throwing up...so there they sit producing fruit flies and getting stinkier...oh well!)

3 comments:

Holli said...

Oh, I can so relate! Those busy men...

I'm like you. Any time, even a few bites at McDonalds, where I can have his undivided attention, I count as time well spent.

I keep saying, someday, someday, someday, he'll be around more often.

Meg Barry said...

The "someday" drives me crazy sometimes, but I know that will also be when some of the stress(hopefully the financial stress) will be less. And I guess deep down I know that we are building a foundation right now that it would be crazy to want to skip...

Pamela said...

I've been there with the dishes... it took me months to recatch up (which I had to use a dust mask to avoid the disgusting smell). But, my mother's day gift to myself was a portable dishwasher from the classified ads. Best $120 I spent on myself.

All will be well. What doesn't hurt us, will only make us stronger.