Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the girl next door...









Gavin has a friend...a girl friend! We were so excited last month when Michael and Amylyn moved next door to us. They were considerate enough to have their children right around the same time we had ours. Now the pictorial evidence will show that Gavin and Ella had been introduced pretty early on...but distance had always hindered the development of their friendship. And when they first moved in, Gavin was immediately smitten and professed his attachment by throwing the plastic ball pit balls in her face. Ella was much more skeptical of this heathen boy and was not overly impressed by the ball incident. Fortunately that rocky start was not an indicator of things to come. They are very much friends now, fighting over toys, giggling together and having a rip roaring good time. The other day I heard Ella in the other room..."Gavin, Gavin! Come help me Gavin! Help me!" (I think she had climbed up something and couldn't figure out how to climb down) He dutifully ran in and helped her out of her dilemma. Not long afterwards I hear Gavin..."Ella! Help me! Help me Ella!" (pretty sure it wasn't a situation that he needed help in, but oh well!) In runs Ella and rescues her friend. So. stinkin. sweet. They went back and forth like that several times. Another thing...Ella is going to be responsible if Gavin ever gets potty trained. She is potty trained and so her frequent trips to "pee pee" pique Gavin's interest...and if that weren't enough sometimes when she gets done with a trip to the bathroom she'll say..."Now Gavin needs to go pee pee. Go pee pee Gavin." And away he goes. I love watching them. I am so grateful that Gavin has a friend so close in age and proximity!



























8 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

Meg I LOVE the idea of the personalized boxes these two are sitting in while they are watching their movie! I want to make MD one-He loves boxes!

Joel and Crystal said...

Cute cute pictures! I love the pic of Gavin with his feet sticking out a box while Ella looks on! Very cute! I was never allowed to go to a drive in movie with a boy. Maybe if we had been in seperate cars...
I'm glad they are such good friends. We miss you guys!

Melanie said...

We watched Ella this past weekend while they were in Utah & I experienced the same excitement for Halle... she has her first friend!! Anyway - always fun to read your updates... makes me feel like we actually talk sometimes... ha ha! We need to fix that:) In all of your free time ok?!

Sarah Fruge said...

That's so cute!!

Holli said...

That's adorable. Hooray for Gavin. Every man needs a good woman by his side in case he needs rescuing or help in the bathroom.

AmyLyn said...

THAT WAS SO HILARIOUS!!! It made me want to go hug Ella and kiss Gavin's squishy cheeks! How can I copy that whole post and stick it on our blog? Do you care if I refer others to your blog? :-) (I figured you didn't mind since you did post pictures of my child on the internet! haha) I forgot we took pictures of them when they were that small! They were like 6 months old, right? And those personalized boxes were CLASSIC. I don't know if you ever told me about those. I love that all those pics has a funny story attached to it. We love Gavin. And I'm so excited to see how much they like those pictures when they're teenagers!! How fun. I loved Holli's comment by the way. So funny

Lauren Harris said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!

Amber Lynae said...

Meg, I came to visit your blog after AmyLyn referred to it in her blog. I love your blog so much. You seem like sauch a wonderful family. If you lived in nearby I would totally want to hang out with you. You seem to have a very similar personality. And I wanted to tell you the way you write your posts is very entertaining you would be a great author. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I felt much the way you describe when I was pregnant. Anyhow. You don't know me from Eve. I met AmyLyn in college freshman year we lived on the same dorm floor. If you ever get time and feel like there isn't anything you would rather do check out my blog. I know you have plenty to keep you busy.