Tuesday, May 27, 2008

invaded

We have an infestation of bed bugs lately...or to be specific, one bed bug. He comes late enough at night that Kenneth and I are not lucid enough to make him go back to his own bed. He is not the easiest creature to sleep with(do you see his funky sleep position in the picture?)...and he is very insistent on snuggling up to...













...ME! I have tried just pushing him over to Kenneth's side of the bed where it would be completely appreciated! (it is Kenneth's dream for our children to want to snuggle with him) Consequently I wake up cranky from poor sleep and with back pains from not being able to shift position. Funny thing, we have never given any encouragement for our children to sleep in our bed(maybe someday when we can afford a bigger bed, but even then probably not...I mean I already spend at least 12 hours a day covered with children)....it is not like we let him sleep with us all during his infancy and are now trying to make him sleep alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you... I NEED MY SPACE. Good luck with the snuggle bug :)

Holli said...

Hey, we have a bed bug too! Our bed bug is the result of Gabi learning how to open (very quietly) all the doors in our house. I've learned how to combat it, though. Point her legs toward Kyle and wait until her kicking annoys him enough to pick her up, take her to the couch with him, and snuggle her there. Then, Mom's freeee at last, freee at last!

Meg Barry said...

I am so using that idea...genius! Thanks!

Meg Barry said...

And you end up with the whole bed...very nice.

Andrea said...

LOL!! I am so with you on this!! I love to have my space!! And why is that they have to have their hot bodies so close to us? I love Holli's idea!! It made me laugh!! :)