Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...to me!

Ok, I'll admit it...I have never yelled at, spanked, or in ANY way overreacted to my children. Every morning when they have awoken dewy eyed they find me there freshly showered and make-uped (after my morning 6 mile run) with a piping hot (healthy) and tasty breakfast. Over breakfast I share with them spiritual thoughts gleaned from my(1 hour) personal scripture study earlier that morning(pre 5 am). I send my husband to work with a long lingering kiss, and a pinch on the backside. Thru out the day I carefully balance spending time with my children and keeping a perfectly spotless house. Basically, today is all about me...the MOM of the Year! I try to be humble about it, but hey, when you're an example for the rest of the world...

Just kidding, but actually this week has been a pretty good run up to mothers day. For instance, last Sunday, when I found Atticus by following the trail of maroon(yes MAROON...didn't know it came in that color) poop...this was after he was bathed and dressed in his Sunday clothes...We still made it to Sacrament meeting on time!(and for 8:30 am meeting time, with Kenneth having pre church meetings...yes you can be impressed) AND the only thing I forgot was my own breakfast(luckily if you are pregnant people don't judge you as harshly for eating your kids snacks on fast Sunday...at least they don't say anything to your face about it).

Also, I cooked dinner three...that's right 3 times this week(4 if you count being the one to place the order with Dominoes), which I am pretty sure is a new record at our house!(there is a reason Kenneth hasn't gained much weight since we got married....I don't remember anything about cooking in the temple covenant)

Another thing...I didn't let Gavin watch movies/rot his brain...until after 4pm most days(except when I remembered to give him his morning breathing treatment...then he gets to watch a 20 min. movie with that). And the movies that I let him watch where National Geographic kids movies...so it is ok to watch them on repeat...right?

Also, I cleaned an abnormal number of times this week.
When Kenneth gets up to give the twins their first bottle of the day(around 6:30am) he usually has to find 2 bottles and clean out the cottage cheese milk before he can start the formula making process, by which time Atticus is usually having a seizure from neglect. This week there were actually a few mornings where all Kenneth had to do was go to the dish drain and grab 2 clean bottles. I am surprised I haven't been translated yet.


Lastly, today, the day of all days for mothers...I let my husband take a nap with Gavin,(he stayed up really late working on our gift for his mom) and I handled the twins. Let's face it...I am awesome! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

You are awesome, Meg! I can identify with so many of the things you said (of course only the perfect mom stuff). JK

I especially loved the not cooking and the cottage cheese milk...I especially identify there :)

M. said...

LOVE the new title header... and yes, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOu!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT ALL MOM'S RAN SIX MILES BEFORE BREAKFAST (HAHA YEAH RIGHT)

GREAT POST! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF US :)