Friday, June 5, 2009

we love the fed ex man!

Finally after hours and hours of anticipation (6:45 am..."Mommy, mommy, is the mail here yet? You said that after I sleep the mail would come...Mommy Mommy!") I heard the shout :

"Da mailman's HERE!"

Followed by a knock at the door, and a very heartily greeted mailman. Gavin crawled under my legs while I signed for it and grabbed a box...

Fedex Man: "Oh wait, that's heavy, let your mom...oh. Well, I guess you are a pretty strong fella."

Gavin: "Momma, get da scissors! We gotta open our boxes!"





















You think he's been missing his trains?





















...maybe just a little.




























On a side note. When I was a missionary for the LDS church, I acquired the skill of being able to look at someone and know if they were of my faith...there were subtle clues. For those of you out there who are looking to hone a similar skill, here is a hint: One way you can tell if the woman you are looking at is a mother of young children...look at her shirt. If it looks something like this:



















...then you know you are right on track. Other clues, snot lines on the thigh of her pants, rocking a baby while sitting down....even if she is not holding a baby! Anyway...this is how I presented myself to the world today. I am beyond shame and embarrassment. Why change shirts...the new one would look the exact same way within 5 minutes.

Another exciting development...Anne has figured out how to get down our back steps. We have a fenced in back yard and a lot of room(by California standards...not so much by Texas country livin standards but I digress) She is quite independent. Every once in a while she finds something worth finding...like the half eaten suckers from her older siblings...




























You go Anne!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! You're on a roll today with posts. I'm loving all the news. The picture of Anne is priceless. =)

Meg Barry said...

I just needed a bloggy mood and to not be homesick. =)

Hartmans said...

these are awesome! It looks like the kids are loving it in Cali.

Stephanie said...

hahaha Where is your little "gross" vote?! These pictures all crack me up :)