Saturday, June 20, 2009

post-Texas post...

I'm BACK in California...Oh wait...that was a week ago. I got to see my seester Shannon marry her beloved Marshy-Poo. It was so sweet to watch. She had to struggle not to laugh thru the whole ceremony, and if you know Shannon, that is a good thing. To see some pictures you can go here. It was a fun weekend all around. A few observations from the weekend and from my days home.

1.Texas is BUGGY. And Humid. And HOT. I did not sufficiently prepare myself for the climate. I didn't realize I needed to, but apparently 3 weeks in a temperate area was enough to re sensitize me to Texas. And Bugs...oh my bugs. I think that there was one little roach that followed me around. It was unkillable. I would smash it only to have it reappear(albeit walking a little crooked) a few hours later. It was crazy. Here is a small part of the party the bugs threw for me in Texas:

Walk in the door...smash the little roach.
Sit down on the bed to nurse Anne...an earwig(shudder) crawls up her cheek. Where did that come from? Am I toting earwigs in my cleavage?
As I am nursing I notice a tiny cricket perched on my foot.
Still nursing I notice a spider crawl across the wall over my bed.
I finish nursing, stand up, smash the small roach again.
Walk outside...big roaches scatter as I walk onto the porch....
AAAAARRGH! Did you miss me guys? Really!?! So gross.

2. A year and a half of sleep training can be nearly undone by 4 days of Daddy needing someone to snuggle with. "What do you mean, the twins think they need to sleep in our bed?" Apparently Kenneth slept with a twin in each armpit while I was gone. It took 4 hours and many tantrums my first night back to finally get them asleep in their own rooms.

3. I completely stocked the house with food before I left. When I got back it was still mostly stocked...except we were completely out of milk and they had gone thru three boxes of cereal. That is 5 gallons of milk for one adult and 2 toddlers in 4 days. Atticus now ask for, "Cee-rul and muk(milk)" every morning for breakfast...and every time he feels a little peckish.

4. My Uncle Don makes the best bar bq brisket I have ever, ever tasted. I pity any of you(Kenneth *smirk*) who didn't go to Marshall and Shannon's reception and eat some.

5. I sprained my foot. Or Joel sprained my foot. I didn't turn on the light, but he left his bag in the middle of the kitchen. Either way my foot is sprained(still) and it stinks.

6. I had so much fun in Texas. I love my family. I wish they would all move by me so I could keep the perfect weather and amenities of California and combine it with the fun of family. Seriously. Anyone want to be my neighbor?

Leaving on a jet plane







































Hanging out with old friends and foot assassins *ahem* Joel *ahem*....








































after the wedding...and half a bag of tootsie roll pops....

3 comments:

Kenneth Barry said...

Hey look, there are comments on your blog!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Haha...I love that you keep bugs in your boobs...One time I killed a bug with my boobs. I know, talented right!?

What part of Cali are you in? I am coming home in a month and if your close it would be super awesome to see you and your fam.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome. This picture is a chocolate coma - I love it.