Monday, November 3, 2008

Sharing...*shudder*


















Setting: Anne is laying on my bed. Gavin climbs up beside her and covers them both up with his blanket. I go and uncover Anne's face...

Me: "Daddy said not to cover Anne's face.
Gavin: "Ok. (moving hand toward her face...more specifically her mouth) I share her."
Me: "What? What do you have(indicating his hand)?"
Gavin: "A booger. I share her."
Me: "NO! Gavin, we don't eat our boogers. She doesn't want your booger. Throw it away."
Gavin: (makes the motion of throwing but doesn't actually release his fingers)
Me: "Did you throw it away?"
Gavin: (starts to make throwing motion again but changes mind and starts to put fingers in his mouth) "(s0unding extremely pained) I can't!"
Me: (grabbing his hand and wiping it on his shirt) "Let me help you!"

Seriously, he was really trying to be sweet! It was like there was nothing better than a booger, so it must be a big sacrifice to share it(and a horrible crime to *gasp* throw it away)! Ack! Blech! Gag! Moral of the story? Apparently we have done a pretty good job teaching sharing, but a poor job in teaching the proper disposal of boogers.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Boys and their boogers. I don't think they ever get it.

Melissa said...

At least he has the concept of sharing down . . . even if it is boogers. =) Never a dull moment at your house. =)

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously almost lost my lunch reading this.