Wednesday, October 29, 2008

potty training revisted

The other day someone was encouraging me to start potty training Gavin. I have been so wishy washy about it. It seems like a good idea for a while and then he has an "accident"(more like an "on purpose" if you ask me, but moving on) and then I just feel tired and quit. Anyway, he heard the conversation and said, "Momma, I wanna potty train!" *Sigh* Ok. I guess we can try again...The next morning he is in underwear, and when does he need to go 'pee pee?' When I am nursing Anne of course! By the time I get to the bathroom the twins are merrily splashing in the toilet(having followed Gavin in) and Gavin is playing with the toilet paper. Chalk that one up to another failed attempt. I am done for a while. Besides, upon further questioning I realize that Gavin thought that 'potty training' involved riding an actual train!

2 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

Your good, Meg! I did not even start Adam until he was 3 1/2 and I may wait longer with Abigail. It was so much easier with Adam than with my girls who I started younger. Diapers have many advantages! Don't listen to those saying you need to potty train now! Do it when you are good and ready! Love ya!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Hey he's got a great idea there. Potty TRAINing. Get the boy a potty thats a train. If they don't already have them. You got a great marketing tool. What little boy wouldn't want to pee on a train. It could even say "All aboard the pee pee train" I'm on a roll here!