Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the mood police

Had another sweet conversation with Gavin today. He has become the mood barometer for our home. If Kenneth and I have a "heated discussion" he will get right in there with a "Mommy...be NICE!" "Daddy, you happy?" It is pretty amusing and also a good way to keep two red personalities on the right side of civil. Well today I was really emotional(common occurance these days...drat hormones) and Gavin came to the rescue...

G: "Mommy, you sad?"
Me: *sniff* "A little...but I'll okay."
G: "Mommy, be HAPPY!"
Me: *double sniff* "Ok baby, I'll try."
G: getting a sly grin on his face "Mommy...don't you smile! No smiling Mommy!"
(we have been using this bit of reverse psychology with him to great effect to take any semi decent pictures the past few months...)

Well, it worked! I couldn't help the big cheesy grin that took over my face for a while after that. It almost made up for how heathenish he was being just before that =).

3 comments:

Holli said...

LOL. Yes, we have the mood police at our house, too.

Gabi caught me crying the other day (not unsual) and said, (huffing loudly) "ARR! Mommy's crying - AGAIN!" Then she rolled her eyes and walked out.

So what if I'm emotional. I'm a woman and entitled to frequent, unexplainable crys!

Hartmans said...

i have to say...you have got one sweet boy...way to gavin...use their tricks on them!

Stephanie said...

This cracks me up :) I like your blog a lot :)