Saturday, September 27, 2008

Anne


















My little hurricane bambino. I am still processing the "birth experience..." as well as the "evacuation experience..." and I am going to blog about them soon, but I am still trying to take in everything that has happened over the past month. That being said, I did want to document some Anne related things. Stats from her one month well baby:


weight: 11 lbs 4 oz
length: 22 3/4 inches
head: 38 cm

She is starting to smile! So far they are few and far between, but these are some definet non-gas related smiles(also, if we are measuring who she smiles at I am far and away her favorite person...go figure =). She is much loved. Gavin in the past week has really warmed up to her and has become a little possessive... "Mom, I wanta feed Anne MY nipple!" (he really wasn't convinced by our explanation of why that wouldn't work). Janes preferred method of expressing love is to lay down on top of Anne and cover her with caresses and kisses...sweet, but since smothering is a very real possible outcome here, Jane is allowed to love...on a leash. Atticus is mostly oblivious, but every once in a while gets a good whack in, and has the distinction of being the one who has made her cry the most and the hardest. I am falling in love with her a little more each day(I am NOT one of those bond-the-second-I-push-the-little-monkey-from-my-body kind of moms). It is definetly an adventure seeing how she fits into our family.


7 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

She's a keeper! What a doll! I am so glad you guys are home and can start to get back to real life. What an adventure for you! As if just having a baby isn't enough! Love you guys!

Sarah Fruge said...

I can't believe she is old enough to smile!! She's beautiful Meg!!!

Andrea said...

Meg, she is beautiful!! You guys must be so glad to finally be home.

Holli said...

Awww.

I love the baby-sleeping pictures. And, thank you for your honesty in the whole baby "love at first sight" stuff. So many moms bond and fall in love gradually.

James Hofheins said...

Aww - so good to see you're all happy and healthy. Miss hearing from you!

James Hofheins,
Utah http://serviceafol.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

She is beautiful!! Wasn't she just born? She shouldn't be smiling already! They grow up so fast :(

RuSty and LaLa said...

So cutie! I want one! She looks alot like your other kids.