Monday, November 9, 2009

Annie's world...

20 months ago I got the news. First, I recognized the nausea...the last time was too recent for me not to recognize morning sickness. I'll be honest. I cried. A lot. I didn't think I was ready...but she knew better. She wasn't willing to wait till I was ready. The party was NOW and she is an important part of it. Oh is she ever an important part of it.


Weeny Witch...Isn't she aDORABLE! She is at the stage where her physical and verbal skills are exploding, and she is so proud of herself. She is the cats meow.









































This picture makes me laugh because of the story behind it.


















I heard her screaming in the middle of the night...and not her 'I am feeling peckish, let's nurse mommy' wail. This was a hard core angry yell. I stumble thru the darkness of her room and pick her up. The first thing I notice is the squishy wetness that meets my grasp. She is totally soaked. Her bedding is totally soaked. I am dumbfounded at the catastrophic failure of her diaper....until I lay her down on my bed and realize that she is not wearing a diaper. Have I mentioned that she has learned how to take her diaper off? Well, she has. And that night she did. And then after she fell asleep 'someone' had the gall to go and pee all over her. Boy was she ticked...and still half asleep. That is why I laugh when I see this picture. This is her after I got her in a diaper and pants. She fell back asleep immediately, but she still looked angry.


Have I mentioned she can climb?

She can climb....


Into the toybox....



















Into the cabinets...




































Of course she doesn't just confine her self to climbing "into" the cabinets...she also spends a good part of everyday to disgorging the cabinets.




































...and finding things on the cabinets to continue the destruction.



















Oh, and she can climb on to the table....(but not off =)






























I wonder who she learned that from?






















"Are we taking pictures?"






























"I'm sure you just forgot to send me the memo mommy..."































"Alright...I am ready for my close-up..."































Get distracted while you're making the lunch pb&j's?



















The pitter patter of little feet sprinting away? That's cause waiting is for the little people...oh wait, I mean the big people.






























And how 'bout some dessert?






















She is a bundle of energy. She is in the thick of any fray, grabbing toys and squealing. Her imagination is starting to blossom. Every animal is a "goggy." and they all roar. All vehicles say "beep beep," and "too too." It would melt your heart to hear her say "Daddy!" when Kenneth gets home from work. She is opinionated, and bossy. She is sweet and snuggly. I revel in her babyhood.


She is Annie. Big Fannie Annie.



















And we LOVE her!

3 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Oh Meg!!! I have missed your blogging. This was so fun to read I read through it twice. We love you all and miss you! Thank you for the call yesterday. It was so great to talk to you!

Laurie Huish said...

I loved this post!

Carrie Allen said...

She is too cute!