Saturday, August 22, 2009

i love you Jane!

Tonight I am overwhelmed with love for my daughter Jane. Kenneth and the boys are at a friends house, and Anne turned in early. That left Jane and I with a "girls night..." meaning we ate chocolate and watched Hannah Montana. As we snuggled, I got to revel in the feeling of her baby cheeks against mine. And we danced. and danced. and danced. I loved dancing with her, fast or slow. I loved watching her applaud any time there was applause in the movie, and watching her experience the excitement. She is so innocent and so wonderful. I remember a night a long time ago, when my dad was out with my brothers on a father/son camp out, and my mom and I had a girls night. We watched movies and survived a roach invasion(since there were no men folk to kill them). We still talk and laugh about that night...and my mom is one of my very best friends. It is mind boggling to me that I am the mom now. I love you Jane!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What an awesome post Meg! I love love LOVED it! Thanks for reminding me how much moments like this mean to OUR KIDS!

Creative Stirrings said...

Mug Meg! Melissa and I (Orsak's) just started a blog and figured out started finding everyone else! You have such a cute family! We are excited to keep up with ya'll!

Thomas

Stephanie said...

Awww sooo sweeet!