Saturday, January 17, 2009

why?

Coming out of the holiday candy fest with a determination to feed my children something other than candy and cookies for breakfast, I got into a serious power struggle with Gavin over a banana. He was sure that if he ate it he would die a horrible death from banana poisoning(0r maybe from the sheer healthiness of if). After a prolonged struggle I won(I'm bigger, stronger, and doggone it you're going to eat this banana). Off to play outside woo hoo. Then the great question...why...oh why is it such a struggle to eat one little banana(or anything else I fix for meals)...but then it is an irresistible compulsion to eat/slurp/revel in dirt/mud? These photos were taken within an hour of said power struggle.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

LOVE the collage! Good times. Miss you all and love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nice! LoL

Anne-Marie said...

He looks like Ammon (to me) in the bottom right picture.

Hartmans said...

I don't look forward to those days. I wish candy never even existed. I would do fine without it (as long as I don't have the option to have it) and therefore I think my kid/kids will do fine without it, too!

Callie said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting, they are so cute!! I love power struggles!!